Another yummy Pinterest meal in the books
The kids needed more than the salad toppings as sides so I added the Watermelon and brown rice. We also had chicken nuggets as back-up to the shrimp (only had to use it for one child). Was very yummy, filling, and healthy! I did not try making the dressing, forgot to purchase cilantro, I’m sure it is really yummy. Instead I used Wegman’s Miso Ginger Vinaigrette.
Wonder who didn’t like the shrimp…. Some days I think she is a vegetarian. Enjoy!
All I can say is yum! Another easy recipe for Pork Tenderloin
Okay so not the healthiest, but this is so tasty it’s hard to stick with portion control. YUM Pinspiration!
Pork Tenderloin is a pretty inexpensive meat to purchase, here’s an out of the ordinary recipe that was easy and tasty. Thanks Pinterest!
Great find on Pinterest. Easy and yummy!
*to make more kid friendly forget the red pepper flakes, Little Control Freak didn’t like that it was “spicy”
Our household does a great job of not wasting food. We eat our leftovers and very rarely have to toss food that didn’t get eaten before the expiration date. How do we do that? Our grocery list is comprised of weekly dinner ingredients with a few staples for lunch/snacks. Anytime we go rogue from that plan we waste food and spend a TON of money. Save the Food, Save your Money!
For 2017 I’ve taken it up a notch by trying to create a weekly menu that reduces meal prep and clean-up time, because really life’s hard enough! Who isn’t in favor of having more time with their family or more importantly more sleep! Whether you need an easy meal plan for a busy week (OR if that’s every week), here’s an example of ways to re-use ingredients to simplify dinner.
*disclaimer, not always the healthiest of options but they are homemade!
- i.e. clean-out what is left in the fridge before we grocery shop Tuesday
- Plan B: when we are low on leftovers we make breakfast for dinner
- Plan C: reach to our more unhealthy freezer options (turkey meatballs or chicken nuggets w/fruit, veggie, edamame)
Wednesday: Whole Grain Spaghetti, Turkey Meatballs, Side Salad
Thursday: Crock-pot Chicken BBQ Sliders
Friday: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Use the left-over BBQ chicken from Thursday
Saturday: Egg Burrito with Fruit Salad
- Use the leftover wraps and shredded cheese from the week
- Scrambled eggs, avocado, onion, tomato and shredded cheese in a tortilla
- Homemade Fruit Salad can be created from the week’s fruit, ex: blueberries, sliced banana, and diced pear
Sunday: Homemade Turkey Reuben, aka The Rachel, with Fruit Salad
- Use leftover fruit salad from Saturday
- Just like making a tuna melt. Put deli turkey (or real turkey breast), Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing between two slices of bread. Warm in a skillet to your liking/desired toasting
Chicken is a staple for our meals and it can get boring really quick, luckily Pinterest keeps spicing it up. Here is another Pinspiration that was easy and yummy.
Another Pinsperation win! Easy slow cooker meal. I served over angel hair pasta.
Typically when I find an Asian, stir-fry recipe, it never turns out tasting like it looks. Does that make sense? Usually the sauce becomes watery and tasteless, not this recipe! This was so super easy, quick, and yummy! Thanks Pinterest!
Click here for recipe
I was never a fan of leftovers, but over the years I’ve grown quite fond of them in the name of not wasting food (or money for that matter). I enjoy the challenge of creating a tasty meal with odds and ends from the fridge and pantry. It might not always be the healthiest, but healthier than take-out. Here’s the latest leftover concoction.
Leftovers that weren’t enough to share as main dishes, but together plenty for the Control Freak House:
- Pieces of Ham steak
- Provolone Cheese
- Slices of Onion
- Few grapes
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- Into a Yummy Ham and Cheese sandwich w/fried egg and a side of fruit salad
Little Control Freak doesn’t like egg or onion so left that off her sandwich. Complete with Halloween plates, cups, straw and jammies of course.