PERFECTION ISN’T EVERYTHING…
Yes folks, the self-proclaimed Control Freak who loves a clean house, everything organized in its own place/time slot, and a person who would like to complete more projects than money allows, said it and I’ll say it again….
PERFECTION ISN’T EVERYTHING…
Almost 3 years ago, on my first maternity leave, I found this little niche of blogging. I’ve always loved writing, sharing, and of course organizing; so the three put together… winning! I had hoped to dedicate more time into growing and frequenting the blog, as do other amazing organizing bloggers I want to be like when I grow up, then reality set in. Life with kids is tough to keep up with, heck life without kids is hard enough.
The reality is, no matter how much you strive to organize and plan your days, weeks, months; they aren’t going to always go as planned. In fact you might be lucky to have 2 consecutive weeks go by without a bump in the road, but that’s life! While annoying it is also the beauty of it. And really Control Freaks, i’m not just the president i’m a member, we need to roll with the punches.
Here’s what I’ve learned as a working mom with 2 kids:
- Sticking to our daily schedule is crucial to get everything we would LIKE to get done. Key word being like. Time to focus on what NEEDS to get done. That’s right leave the toys on the floor eek!
- Always add an hour to the time you think it will take to get ready.
- If I don’t get up at 5 AM to start my day I don’t get my workout in to lose the baby weight. Hold the phone sista! While working out is important so is sleep, cut yourself a break, things will get better when that 3 month old sleeps better 🙂
- Organizing isn’t always about sticking to your plan, but how you bounce back and re-organize when Plan A crumbles.
- I haven’t lost the baby weight, I don’t know what to wear, I haven’t blogged, the grass hasn’t been cut, am I a bad mom sending kids to daycare, Amy you know better! CUT YOURSELF A BREAK! Let go of your woes and your worries, in the bigger picture you’re the only one sweating the small stuff. REMEMBER, you’re doing the best you can and if your kids are happy and thriving then you’re doing a STELLAR job! Everything else is just static.
- Learn to say NO. We cram a lot in the work week, even our errands and chores to free the weekend for family time. And as much as we love spending time with our family and friends, sometimes you just have to say no to social outings for your sanity and most importantly your kids sanity. Starting a Monday already exhausted
is a recipe for disasterwill be a disaster.
- There is a reason and a season for everything. Always loved this saying and it reminds me that while we have hopes, dreams, goals, etc. our current season is focused on the Little Control Freaks in our house. You won’t regret taking time to spend with your kids, but you will regret the time you didn’t spend with them.
Moral of the blog, perfection isn’t everything (including good grammar #sorrynotsorry #whyiwriteblogsandnotnovels #sleepdeprived), cut yourself a break, live in the present. And no this doesn’t mean i’m done blogging, just means the radio frequency might be cut for larger chunks of time. #dontworrybehappy