Little Control Freak has taken to her big girl bedroom very well. Sleeping in her new bed has been an adjustment (amazing how they must feel more secure in a crib), but we are making good progress, which is a relief since her brother will be arriving soon.
There are still some finishing touches I want to make, noted in the images below, but I’m very happy with how the room turned out and so is Little Control Freak. She has been calling it “My Room” from day one. I wish my photography skills were better to capture how bright and colorful the room is, I’ll work on that 🙂 Without further ado, introducing the Big Girl Bedroom.
This was my first bedroom set when I graduated college (graduation gift from mom and dad thanks!) and actually our Master Bedroom furniture until Little Control Freak inherited it.
- Headboard and night stand, fresh coat of paint from off-white to Sherwin Williams Aquastone. Thanks to the hubs for painting.
- New full sized Simmons mattress (she’ll have that till she goes to college)
- Target Pillowfort flamingo sheets, flamingo throw pillow, Dream Big pillow
- Target gold stripe bow pillow (hiding behind Domingo the flamingo)
- White ruffle comforter and bedskirt (different brands but they complement each other very well) on sale from JCPenney
- Mint throw from HomeGoods
- Knitted blanket was mine as a child (Nana made it!)
- Coral pillow from Little Control Freak’s nursery (past HomeGoods purchase)
- Lamp from Christmas Tree Shops
- iHome from Little Control Freak’s nursery
- Kitty bank was mine as a child
- Coral polka dot napkin purchased from HomeGoods, great accent, but doubles to protect the furniture
- Fillable lamp from the Christmas Tree Shops (filled with shells from summer vacation 2015)
- Other decor from Little Control Freak’s nursery
- Baby cradle from Christmas now lives in her big girl bedroom
- Will be hanging these great pics I found on Etsy, once the custom frames arrive, in the empty space above the dresser (thanks Nonna for the gift!)
- Tray and comb holder, both finds from HomeGoods
- Other decor, previous gifts from Little Control Freak’s Nursery
- Angel by Valerie nightlight (4 hour timer) is a great nightlight that swirls glitter, looks like ocean waves on the ceiling at night (gifted form QVC)
- Closet is pretty basic for now as most of Little Control Freak’s clothing fits in her dressers. Will definitely work with this as we have more to add.
- Pocket door hanger is a great way to tame little shoes from being scattered everywhere
- Laundry bin also sorted by color with labels, will help Little Control Freak to learn how to sort her laundry over time.
Next up on the list, updating the nursery for baby boy!