It can be difficult to come up with new and creative meal ideas so you aren’t having them same menu every week, that’s why I’m introducing Sunday Suppers. I’ll be sharing meals and/or menu ideas to spruce up your suppers. Enjoy!
I love having home cooked meals, and seemingly the only way we can do this consistently through the week is to plan ahead. Every Sunday I create a menu for suppers Tuesday through the following Tuesday. Why Tuesday? That’s the day we do our grocery shopping. Having the menu ahead of time allows me to create my grocery list Monday night so I’m prepared to purchase the right products on Tuesday rather than guessing what we need and wasting what we buy. Once I’ve decided on our meals I post them to our Google Calendar, yes, we live and breathe by our calendar 🙂 We like using an electronic calendar verses on paper because we can access it wherever we are. Plus, if it’s a new recipe I’ve found on Pinterest, I can place the link right into the calendar so whoever gets home first can start cooking!
Here’s what’s cooking in the control freak house, our menu from last week:
- Tuesday: Leftovers from Little Monster Birthday Party
- Wednesday: Honey Garlic Chicken over Jasmine Rice
- Thursday: Tuna Melt Sandwich, Side Salad , and Fruit
- Friday: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Side Salad
- Saturday: Out with Nonna & Pop
- Sunday: Coffee Crusted Sirloin Steak, Baked Potato, and Frozen Peas
- Monday: Steak Wraps (leftover steak with lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, onion, tomato, and ranch dressing made from greek yogurt) with Fruit
- Tuesday: Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, and Broccoli